CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Upcoming Shows


You've Got Maille will be sharing a booth with Hamilton Dry Goods (leatherworking and wooden toys -- they have lots of Civil War stuff), the Austins (hair garlands) and a beekeeper who will be selling honey at Liberty Square Festival in Sparta on September 27, 2008. We'll also be at Warren County Lions Club Craft Show at Rock Island State Park on October 4-5, 2008, with the same group. I'm hoping by the time Candy Cane Lane rolls around, November 4, 2008 at White County Agricultural Building, I might have the stuff to set up my own display or go in with 1 other person with similar items.

For Liberty Square and Lions Club I'll be selling lots of earrings and bracelets, many made of stretchy neoprene rings, and all my Etsy show stock will be on display as well. I'll also be demonstrating weaving chainmaille while I'm there (and not performing -- LLORE will be at both events. See below if you don't know what that is).

For Candy Cane Lane I'm going to go with some more elegant items, I think -- some chokers, lots of wire wrapping and items done in sterling. There will be stocking stuffers, as well. I'm going to be making some chainmaille Christmas tree ornaments out of enameled copper wire - this wire isn't as strong as all metal wire, but that shouldn't matter for the ornaments, and it comes in brilliant, vibrant colors that will be great for the holiday. I'm sure several pieces of maille will find their way to my tree, as well.

Till now I've mostly just given vent to my creativity and have rarely made the same item twice, but for the next three months I'll be cranking out items in bulk for the shows (and putting Brandon to work doing the same!), as well as crafting gifts for my family. Stay tuned for photos of the events and my partners in crime!

In the spring I'm considering doing Mid-TN Renaissance Faire. I'll have to get a booth set up and decorated for submission to it -- we'll see how that goes. I'd have to sell quite a bit to make the drive and the outlay in equipment worth it, but it certainly would be fun. :)

0 comments: